Helene P.Dreyer Koch is an estate planning attorney in Indian Wells, California, focusing on Wills, Trusts and Probate. She is also a skilled legal writer and dynamic public speaker. (760) 360-2400.
- What Is a Discretionary Trust?
- How Can You Help with Their College Expenses?
- What Is a POLST and Do I Need One Instead of a Medical Power of Attorney?
- California Passes Right to Die Law
- DIY Death Transfer by Deed Is No Substitute for a Good Estate Plan
- Supreme Court Upholds Same Sex Marriage
- Remember: Update Insurance Policies When You Put Property In Your Trust
- Dangers of Do It Yourself Wills and Trusts
Tag Archives: wills
Ever wonder what’s in other people’s Wills? Some very famous people have died with Wills that make for interesting reading – Thomas Jefferson, Howard Hughes, Leona Helmsley and Michael Jackson, to name but a few. If you’re curious, try these … Continue reading
We’ve all seen movie scenes depicting the heirs and friends of the dearly departed gathered in a lawyer’s office for a suspense filled “reading of the Will.” This is usually accompanied by some dramatic event, such as an “outsider” or … Continue reading
Estate Planning for Special Needs. Don’t Ignore the Issue. A friend of mine was recently approached by her young child’s teacher, who suggested that the child may have some “special” problems. Although my friend and her husband thought that … Continue reading