Helene P.Dreyer Koch is an estate planning attorney in Indian Wells, California, focusing on Wills, Trusts and Probate. She is also a skilled legal writer and dynamic public speaker. (760) 360-2400.
- What Is a Discretionary Trust?
- How Can You Help with Their College Expenses?
- What Is a POLST and Do I Need One Instead of a Medical Power of Attorney?
- California Passes Right to Die Law
- DIY Death Transfer by Deed Is No Substitute for a Good Estate Plan
- Supreme Court Upholds Same Sex Marriage
- Remember: Update Insurance Policies When You Put Property In Your Trust
- Dangers of Do It Yourself Wills and Trusts
Tag Archives: wills
Quotation No. 8: “The finest inheritance you can give to a child is to allow him to make his own way, completely on his own feet.” ~ Isadora Duncan
Quotation No. 7: “Sometimes the poorest man leaves his children the richest inheritance.” ~ Ruth E. Renkel
Quotation No. 6: “He who inherits a hill must climb it.” ~ Spanish Proverb
Quotation No. 5: “Those who inherit fortunes are frequently more of a problem than those who made them.” ~ Congolese Proverb
Quotation No. 4: “I would rather make my name than inherit it.” ~ William Makepeace Thackeray
Quotation No. 3: “I would as soon leave my son a curse as the almighty dollar.” ~ Andrew Carnegie
Quotation No. 2: “Never say you know a man until you have divided an inheritance with him.” ~ Johann Kaspar Lavater
Quotation No. 1: “I want to leave my children enough that they feel they can do anything, but not so much that they do nothing.” ~ Warren Buffet
The “Executor” and the “Trustee” are similar in some ways, but very different in others. An “Executor” only acts if someone has died. The Executor can be nominated by the deceased person, but that selection must be approved by the … Continue reading