Helene P.Dreyer Koch is an estate planning attorney in Indian Wells, California, focusing on Wills, Trusts and Probate. She is also a skilled legal writer and dynamic public speaker. (760) 360-2400.
- What Is a Discretionary Trust?
- How Can You Help with Their College Expenses?
- What Is a POLST and Do I Need One Instead of a Medical Power of Attorney?
- California Passes Right to Die Law
- DIY Death Transfer by Deed Is No Substitute for a Good Estate Plan
- Supreme Court Upholds Same Sex Marriage
- Remember: Update Insurance Policies When You Put Property In Your Trust
- Dangers of Do It Yourself Wills and Trusts
Tag Archives: general power of attorney
Even if you have a Trust, you still need a Power of Attorney because it applies, during your lifetime, to management and control of your property that is not in a Trust. Certain property does not get put into your … Continue reading
A Power of Attorney for Financial Matters appoints someone to manage your assets and pay your bills. It can take effect immediately, or it can be limited so that it only takes effect if you become incapacitated. A “durable” power … Continue reading