Helene P.Dreyer Koch is an estate planning attorney in Indian Wells, California, focusing on Wills, Trusts and Probate. She is also a skilled legal writer and dynamic public speaker. (760) 360-2400.
- What Is a Discretionary Trust?
- How Can You Help with Their College Expenses?
- What Is a POLST and Do I Need One Instead of a Medical Power of Attorney?
- California Passes Right to Die Law
- DIY Death Transfer by Deed Is No Substitute for a Good Estate Plan
- Supreme Court Upholds Same Sex Marriage
- Remember: Update Insurance Policies When You Put Property In Your Trust
- Dangers of Do It Yourself Wills and Trusts
Category Archives: Guardianship (Children) & Conservatorship (Adults)
Why should I make a trust? This is a common question. In this series of posts, here’s twenty great reasons to have a trust! Part A: Planning for Incapacity. Dementia, Alzheimers, Coma, etc. 1. A trust avoids the probate court. … Continue reading
Choosing a Guardian for Your Children. Choosing a guardian for your children can be the most difficult part of estate planning for parents with young families. The thought of your children growing up without you is heart-wrenching and choosing someone … Continue reading
Conservatorship is like a guardianship, but it only applies to adults. Like a guardian, a conservator is given legal authority over another person. With adults, this only occurs when the person has become incapacitated and is no longer able to … Continue reading