Helene P.Dreyer Koch is an estate planning attorney in Indian Wells, California, focusing on Wills, Trusts and Probate. She is also a skilled legal writer and dynamic public speaker. (760) 360-2400.
- What Is a Discretionary Trust?
- How Can You Help with Their College Expenses?
- What Is a POLST and Do I Need One Instead of a Medical Power of Attorney?
- California Passes Right to Die Law
- DIY Death Transfer by Deed Is No Substitute for a Good Estate Plan
- Supreme Court Upholds Same Sex Marriage
- Remember: Update Insurance Policies When You Put Property In Your Trust
- Dangers of Do It Yourself Wills and Trusts
Category Archives: Estate (Will) Administration
California probate is well worth avoiding! Unlike many states, where probate of a will is a fairly quick and easy process, California probate is expensive, time consuming and very public. California probate is very expensive. The probate court filing fees … Continue reading
Why should I make a trust? This is a common question. In this series of posts, here’s twenty great reasons to have a trust! Part E: Trusts Are Easier to Use than Wills. 17. A Will is easier to challenge than … Continue reading
California Probate is Very Expensive. The expense of a California Probate depends upon three considerations: costs, compensation, and contests. Court Costs and Fees. The first component, “costs,” means expenses charged by third parties, such as court fees, publication costs, court … Continue reading